By Harry M. Benshoff,Sean Griffin
- Provides a finished assessment of the commercial, socio-cultural, and aesthetic components that give a contribution to cinematic representations of race, category, gender, and sexuality
- Includes over a hundred illustrations, thesaurus of key phrases, questions for dialogue, and lists for extra reading/viewing
- Includes new case experiences of a few movies, together with Crash, Brokeback Mountain, and Quinceañera
Read or Download America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies PDF
Similar film & video art books
Finalist, 2007 Benjamin Franklin Awards, for top New Voice Nonfiction and Professional/Technical Novice and aspiring filmmakers trying to tips on how to increase a characteristic movie will discover a step by step blueprint during this consultant. Drawing upon the greater than 30-years adventure of an specialist, the ebook examines the way to determine and holiday down capturing sequences in scripts, scout destinations, create a creation board and capturing agenda, take care of unions, finances a movie, and rebound while all of it is going mistaken.
Seminar paper from the 12 months 2004 within the topic Communications - video clips and tv, grade: keine, college of Münster (Englisches Seminar), language: English, summary: This survey will exhibit that stylistic theories, specially the research of dialogues when it comes to speech acts, flip taking and politeness, may be utilized to videos.
The movie theories of Jean Epstein, Dziga Vertov, Bela Balazs, and Siegfried Kracauer have lengthy been studied individually from one another. In Doubting imaginative and prescient, movie pupil Malcolm Turvey argues that their paintings constitutes a different, hitherto overlooked culture, which he calls revelationism, and which differs in vital methods from modernism and realism.
No filmmaker has extra effectively courted mass-audience figuring out than Alfred Hitchcock, and none has been studied extra intensively via scholars. In Hidden Hitchcock, D. A. Miller does what turns out very unlikely: he discovers what has remained unseen in Hitchcock’s video clips, a mystery variety that imbues his movies with an intensive duplicity.
- de Toth on de Toth: Putting the Drama in Front of the Camera (Directors on Directors)
- Lone Scherfig's Italian for Beginners (Nordic Film Classics)
- Challenge for Change: Activist Documentary at the National Film Board of Canada
- Bible and Cinema: An Introduction
- Film Alchemy: The Independent Cinema of Ted V. Mikels
- Freedom Found: My Life Story
Additional resources for America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies
America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies by Harry M. Benshoff,Sean Griffin